Monday, January 9, 2012

magellan maestro softwareMagellan Maestro 3100 Software Updating Problems?

Hi. I just bought a magellan maestro 3100 a few days ago. I took it out for a drive and I figured out that the software was outdated and so I looked on their website for a update. I found it, but I am having a lot of trouble with the process. I have the update downloaded onto my computer, but when I go to put in the memory card, and plug in the usb, it says the battery is too low and there is no memory card found. I am really frustrated with this. Please help!
Here's a MANUAL approach that will update and fix the problem. A few of us have used it and it works, it's just not as easy as the AUTO approach. Magellan says an updated fix will be posted soon. I tried it and it worked for me - no promises, but check it out.

It'll take about 15 minutes if you carefully follow these step-by-step.

1. Unzip downloaded file
2. Use WinRAR to extract the executeable (they will all be in a file folder)
3. Create USBTRANS file in SYS folder on unit (or copy the backup that was made on the SD card)
4. Copy the contents of COPY_GROUP 1, 11, 13, 17 to USBTRANS which is in the SYS folder
5. Copy the contents of COPY_GROUP 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 to MAP
6. Copy the contents of COPY_GROUP 4, 6, 12, 14, 15 to APP
(NOTE: in order to copy the contents of group 14 over to the APP folder, you will need to copy the contents of TNShell_Bitmap\Venus2 to the same folder on the unit, that way the folder isn't just replaced.)
7. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 9 and 10 to SD card
8. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 16 to USR
9. Once copied over, unplug the unit and it should reset itself. Then all should be working

DON'T FORGET to put in the UNIT_ID.DAT file back in the USBTRANS folder if you haven't already. It may already be in there.
Anthony,
This solution to getting my GPS really saved me. Imagellan maestro softwaret's much appreciate. Magellan support was of no use. Thanks so much,
Dan


This advice saved me great trouble. I really appreciated it being available. TNX


By the way the unit did some pretty weird stuff just after it came back up (after unplugging the UBS cable) but after one additional power cycle it was good to go. I also called Magellan and they also told me to "Take it back to store and exchance it". Poor, poor business.


You saved my life!!! The GPS turned in to an expensive paperweight after I screwed up the update. Thanks to you it's work again and updated!!!


Magellan's web site and support is the worst I've ever encountered! As a result, do not purchase or recommend a Magellan product! My 3100 was a Christmas gift. WARNING: Magellan's update DOES NOT WORK! It caused the 3100 unit to fail completely. Luckily, I found your manual fix and it worked!


Thank you very much!
This saved my day. The update formated my GPS.

This has be back up and running.


New in box to paperweight in less than 24 hours...

Anthony, you are my hero.


Nice.......................
Thanks man.....


THANKS MAN>. U R THE BEST>>>> > >> U SAVED MY JOB>> THIS IS COMPANY`s GPS >>>


im having the same problem as the guy above me.......and you just need to charge your unit before you update it, but donmagellan maestro softwaret update it because there is some sort of error in their update file that screws up the GPS unit........
I am having similar or worse problems with the same unit. I began the update and it failed. Now my unit will not load. It's as if it has been erased. I can see the memory card and system memory and can access both.
I am having the same problem. I was trying to restore the 3100 via the manual method in this thread but I seem to have lost the UNIT_ID.DAT file, so I am dead in the water. Anybody know how I can get a copy of this file?
Sorry but this is not an answer to your question. Actually it is a question for you. I just got the same gps and I need to know, was the update you tried 2.18 version. I just downloaded that one from Magellian and I don't want to have the same problem you did. Thanks AR
The info that anthony posted got my 3100 working again... But most of the buttons was screwed up (but still worked)... So now i'm going to try the update again to see what happens... If all fails i'm taking my gps back to the store to get another unit or i may just go with TomTom XL....

Thanks for the info Anthony!!!
I can't believe this, I just did the same thing and now my 3100 isn't working - my computer won't recognize the 3100! I am taking a trip on Saturday and looks like I am done and won't be able to use it - I am ticked. I sent an email yesterday, but have not had a response from Magellan. I have spent half the night working on this issue and am very frustrated!!!
If someone figures this out - please let me know. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment