Wednesday, January 11, 2012

extremely racist jokesA lot of my friends make racist jokes and when I take them persoanlly they don't understay why.?

I am African-American I am in school working on a computer networking degree right now, even though I don't look, dress, act, or talk like a stereotype some people may think of, my friends always insist on making racist jokes. It gets EXTREMELY irritating. I have even gone as far as pulling one of them aside and saying come on man can you guys go easy on that. And as ALL men know asking guys to stop making fun of you will only lead to worse things. I understand its all comedy but even when I try to make a joke back (which I don't enjoy doing) they take it personally, and get angry. What should I do??!!
Get new friends. Seriously dude, if they arnt willing to listen to you on something as fundamental and important to you as this, whats the point, then? By the way, you might be interested in reading J. M. Jone's "Prejudice and Racism". Brilliant book.
My mother always said" Go where you're celebrated, not tolerated."


Your frieextremely racist jokesnds are not friends. I would find new people to hang around with if I were you!
Admit that your "friends" are racist, and don't care about how their comments hurt you. I know guys love to tease each other, but all guys know there are certain lines you just don't cross, and they can only go so far.
You can try reasoning with them, or beating them at their own game, but neither of these strategies seem to worked so far. I'd say dump them and find new friends (a few weeks of the silent treatment might clue them into the fact that they've gone too far), but I know that's easier said than done.
Tell them straight up they are ignorant for insulting you so harshly to your face. Then find new friends who actually like you.
You straight up ignore what racial jokes they say, after a while some of them might stop. You should not say anything back because it makes them want to do it more. Just take it easy and wait patiently for it to stop.
They realize that you are so anti-racist that yextremely racist jokesou have become racist toward racist people. So lighten up. Get it 'lighten up'.
I'll bet your "friends" are frustrated with the whole "Political Correctness Movement" as well. I put friends in quotations, because obviously, these people are not your friends.
Tell them, "I was told by the administration to report all racist jokes for disciplinary action since there is zero-tolerance for discrimination. So just a word to the wise, if I hear anything else, I'll definitely have to report it. Okay?"
dont get angry. at my school, there are like 8 non white students out of over 600 and some of them get joked about like 'so.... your black.... hows that working out for you' and like one tried to sneak into our class and there was this big microphone like afro sticking out or a sea of brown and blond hair, and everyone was like, yea, the teachers not going to notice that lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment