Friday, December 23, 2011

doo wap musicMusic Help????

ok so i really like the movie Grease...its my fav movie.....can sum1 tell me where i can find good music frm that time??? i really like the doo-wap stuff n swing music...any help would b great!!! thanx...
Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing) by Benny Goodman...thats a great swing song. There is swingmusic.net for list of jazz and big band music from back in the day and today. ...for doo wap, they have a list of songs and artistsdoo wap music; I think it's the same if you search swing on there too.
Watch the movie Mischief, which is available on an inexpensive DVD. Not only is it a good movie, but it's got an incredible soundtrack using authentic songs from that era. Just be of age, since it does have some sex and language.

Other than that, go to allmusic.com and put in "doo wop" on an album search. You'll find some box sets and collections thdoo wap musicat have all kinds of music like that.
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons were pretty good. You can go here and listen to a preview of the songs on their anthology:



Although if you really like the music from Grease (one of my favorite soundtracks. btw, I'm 26, so I'm not all THAT ancient. My mom just listened to this stuff all the time 8] ), you can just get the soundtrack here:

No comments:

Post a Comment