Sunday, January 8, 2012

ford explorerFord Explorer?

I am thinking about purchasing a 98 Ford Explorer Sport with 129000 miles on it. I have read reviews and out the 68, only 3 were bad and 1 was about average. I not familiar with Fords so I need to know if they are dependable, safe, and reliable vehicles.
I have a 97 4.0 ohc with 166k miles and they only thing I don't like is the cam tensioners, they rattle and it will cost a bundle to get them fixed, so I just keep driving it :(
hey man it really depends some are worse than others my 96 explorer has never had a problem and i bought it new just minor things like windshield wipers oil changes etc. And im a chevy guy. So im tellin the damn truth.


Ok then takeford explorer my word on it... I work on them for a living

You will spend money to maintain them with the ball joints and check engine light issues being about their weakest issues (other than the rear wipers going out on some)

Pretty much about as much maintaince as a 10 year old SUV will need (seen other SUVs of that year and size have similar issues)

But we've got many in our area still safe, still running 10+ years and most with up to 225,000 miles with mainly the issues listed above...

So it will cost to maintain yes, but remember, this is also a 10 year old vehicle now (as 08 Explorers are comign into showrooms in less than a month)
We call them Ford EXPLODERS!!! They have alot of minor electric probleford explorerms, window motors, door lock switches, oxegen sensor night mare, stuff like that.
The ford man is "" WRONG......AGAIN...you can maintain this vehicle on a daily basis and your still going to have problems,call me when the transmission and ball joints go out ...which is probably already happening as we speak.........oh and your are never going to get that check engine light out ....when it comes on for EGR problems or to lean bank 1 or 2
Don't read some of the responses you get they are not always true yes it a good car and you will enjoy it just remember to keep the maintenance up and you will be fine hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment